Rubber roundabouts provide councils and local government bodies with a faster and cheaper option for constructing roundabouts than using concrete or asphalt. They are quick to assemble and are already proving to make intersections safer for commuters and pedestrians where they have been installed in high-incident zones.
Made from red vulcanised virgin rubber, the roundabouts are high-visibility to guide traffic, including cat’s-eyes and reflective bead tape to make them effective at night.
They take hours to install instead of days. Each roundabout comes with all the fixtures, caps and connectors for assembly, making them easy to install with minimal interruption to traffic and commuters compared to major roadworks.
Many councils around New Zealand have installed these roundabouts as part of the NZ Transport Agency’s Innovating Streets programme to make suburban and inner city streets safer for commuters and pedestrians.
- Two roundabout sizes available at 3.0 metres diameter or 2.4 metres diameter
- Glass bead tape and eight cat’s-eyes for high-visibility day or night
- Textured surface prevents skidding
- Durable and hard-wearing in all conditions
- Supplied with fixtures, caps and bone connectors
- Installation takes approximately two hours